If you are planning to run a workshop on starting a business, you are welcome to edit and use this presentation as you wish and without charge.
If you are starting a business yourself, you may find this to be a useful 'step by step' walk through the various stages of the process.
However, before starting, I would suggest that you download our free business plan template before starting. The two work well together to help you identify whether your idea has what it takes to succeed. If so, the steps you need to take to convert the theory into reality.
2. Workshop Expectations
3. Objectives of the workshop
4. Introduce yourself
5. The reality of being your own boss
6. Employment v being your own boss
7. Your business
8. Small business statistics
9. Business planning
10. The business
11. Where will the business be based?
12. Which legal structure is right for your business?
13. Legal structure - Sole Trader
14. Legal structure - Partnership
15. Legal structure - Limited company
16. Market research
19. The need
20. Why should they buy from you?
22. Marketing & advertising
23. Naming your business
25. Marketing - options
26. Marketing - features & benefits
27. Marketing - the 7 'P's'
28. Marketing - AIDA
29. Marketing - the Internet
30. Marketing - Sales & Selling
31. SWOT analysis
32. Other considerations
34. Expenditure & income
36. Credit control
37. Record keeping
38. What are the next steps?