Content is one of the most important parts of your website. Visitors will not stay on your business website if the text is hard to read.
earch engines also use the content from your website to determine how highly you are ranked in the search results. Your business website content is your sales pitch and should provide visitors with as much information as they need about your business.
Tips for Writing Your Content
- Use a Sitemap. List and name all the pages you would like to have on your company website. Then list the main points for each page.
- Keep the Content Relevant. Dont ramble about topics which are not related to your Main Points for each page on your business website
- Use Lists Where Possible. Web readers often scan pages and lists make it easy to digest information on your website quickly
- Use Headings and Sub-Headings. By splitting up the text on the website visitors can scan a whole page for the part thats relevant to them.
- Use a Spell-checker. You should spell-check and grammar-check your text thoroughly. Typos and badly written sentences on your business website will send visitors away faster than the speed of light.
- Home Page. A short introduction to your company and website. Clear links to the most important parts of the website. An image of your team, your office or a stock photo relevant to your business.
- About Us. Detailed information about your company, what you do, how long youve been in business and your aims.
- Testimonials. A selection of testimonials from your clients explaining why they use your company and why youre better than the competition.
- Contact Us. This is the most important page. Add lots of different ways for visitors to get in touch with you.
Kindly supplied by Toolkit Websites Ltd
30 Carlton Crescent, Southampton, SO15 2EW.