If you employ staff or are planning to do so, here are five tips that will save you money.
) Dont be late with anything, then you wont have any fines to pay.
2) Ensure your Employment Contract suits you and your business because omissions here could be costly.
2) Consider employing personnel on a zero hours contract when you first start.
3) Consider employing two people below the Employers NI Threshold on a job sharing basis, rather than one just above the threshold.
4) Are you eligible for an NI holiday on start-up? Check your area with HMRC http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/drafts/nics-hol-new-bus-tn.pdf
5) If you are looking to take on a young trainee, consider taking advantage of any current apprenticeship schemes.
If you would like further information or advice please call Linda at Fergus Neilson Payroll Experts on 01865989714, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit: www.fergusneilson.co.uk
As we cannot be experts in every relevant subject, we would love to receive 'guest' articles that may be of interest to anyone running their own business or thinking of doing so.ADD YOUR ARTICLE